Let’s go to School!-KMV Redhills
Covid-19 was a huge turning point in everyone’s life. As a result, during this period, students were introduced to online classrooms and digital education, which in turn has given students the taste of the luxury of studying in the comforts of their homes. Needless to say, this has become a concerning situation for parents out there. This is why we have come up with some effective tips to get your child back to school.
Major reasons why physical classes are important.
1. Face-to-face interaction
Even though online classes had their own benefits when required, as time has passed and the situation has come to pause we definitely realized the importance of physical classrooms. With online media having many loopholes to survive in, the attention span of an average child has become much shorter than an average adult. This is a concerning situation that needs to be looked up on to. With one-on-one interaction with the students and teachers there lies a much wider scope for the students to increase their IQ level and attention span in classrooms.
2. Opportunities for hands-on-learning
Being in a school or an institution, builds a student’s discipline, punctuality, and other socially required skills. With their access to labs, libraries, and other facilities that are not provided online, makes them better at their own skills and more experimental. This would not only help the students to build a better career for themselves but also to become a civilized citizen as well.
Must have bag while sending your child back to school.
Since the pandemic, it has become a necessity to keep us certainly cautious when we are outside of our homes or in a public gathering. In order to keep our children safe from the virus, it is our duty to make sure we accompany them with the safety measures, required.
1. Masks – Masking offers an effective protection against the Covid-19 virus. It not only protects your child but also the people or children around them. It makes it safer for them to interact at a fair distance with their mates.
2. Sanitizers – With the school or the educational institution being a place where more than 100 students from different places come together, we are not certain about the situations they are coming from. Hence, in order to make it extra safe for our children, it is highly recommended to use sanitizers before and after touching a commonplace or anything that has access to more than 1 person.
3. Water Bottle – Staying hydrated is important, especially during school days
How to welcome students back to school after Covid?
Well, welcoming students back to school is the role of the teachers. Hence, it is totally on their part to welcome the students back to their pavilion. Here are a few tips on how to welcome your students.
1. Make a memorable entry with all the fun and excitement. Show your lenient and friendly side. In a way, you must strive for maintaining a cordial relationship with them.
2. Ask them how was their quarantine period and the pandemic experience in general. Communicate with them in order to break the stereotypical teacher-student relationship.
3. Do not rush on to teach the chapters. Focus on interpersonal learning. They might be already going through anxiety or panic attacks. Be that as it may, refrain from giving them a lot of home tasks.
As your children are returning to school, it is sure as parents even you will have to go through a certain amount of stress regarding the child’s safety. However, as the government has reinforced certain principles to be followed in public gatherings, they will be strictly maintained in schools and offices for their safety. Though the virus has not completely ceased spreading, it can be very uncertain, hence as parents, it is our responsibility to make sure that we enlighten our children and make them aware of the methods and consequences, and also practice it at home, regularly.